General Rules of the Competition
- Application forms and all required materials must be received by May 15, 2013 (see the application form.) Non-refundable application fee is $100. All candidates will be notified of their acceptance status by June 1, 2013. The decisions of the selection committee cannot be challenged.
- Accepted competitors shall arrive in Rochester, New York no later than Thursday, September 19, 2013; accommodation and practice facilities on all the instruments (organ specifications.) will be available from Wednesday, September 18, 2013.
- The performing order of the candidates will be alphabetical, the first letter to be chosen at random; this order will be kept in all three rounds.
- In all rounds the candidates will choose the order in which they present the works in that particular round.
- The jury is not permitted to discuss the candidates, and all voting is done in secret. Candidates may likewise not speak with any member of the jury. After each round, however, jury members will be available to speak with those candidates who have not advanced to the next level.
- The verdict of the jurors is absolute in all rounds.
- All candidates admitted to the competition who do not advance to the final round are invited to participate, at no charge, in the Academy
This competition and academy should be an opportunity for all to gain new insights and to forge new and hopefully valuable friendships. We look forward to greeting everyone in September.